It’s just one day until the event many Apple fans have been waiting on the edge of their seats for. So what can you expect?
Rumour has it, history will repeat itself with the release of two iPhones. This year, speculations surround the release of an iPhone 6, at around 4.7”, and either an iPhone 6L or iPhone Air, at around 5.5” – likely to be taking the place of the rumoured Apple ‘Phablet’.
New iPhone features will supposedly include:
- Sapphire glass – a material stronger than Gorilla glass – used on the previous Apple iPhones;
- a power button on the side of the iPhone
- an upgrade to the voice command system Siri
- curved glass edges on the body
- faster Wi-Fi chip
- improved Touch ID fingerprint sensor
- A8 processor
- 13 megapixel camera
- and digital payments
Availability and price
If Apple follows it’s past history it’s likely the new iPhones will be available within 2 weeks of the announcement. When it comes to price, it’s rumoured the new iPhones will be around £90 more than last years 5S due to the new Sapphire glass.
But that’s not all…
Alongside the two new iPhones, it’s also rumoured that Apple will step into wearable technology with it’s very own smartwatch – the ‘iWatch’ or ‘iBand’ as some say. The Apple smartwatch may also be released in different versions, with rumours suggesting there will be different watches for men and women, and different size variants.
Rumoured features include:
- NFC payment technology
- sapphire crystal glass
- AMOLED display technology
- iOS 8 and third party apps
- 8GB storage and 512MB ram
- sweat detectors, motion sensor and pulse reader
- voice messages
- wireless charging capabilities
- curved display
- solar panels
- and Health ID via your heartbeat
Watch the Apple announcement live on their website tomorrow: