How to soft reset an iPhone and when to do so
Like all tech, your Apple iPhone may need a little reboot. You can do this via a ‘soft reset’. This will not remove any of your iPhone content such as contacts, apps, songs etc.
How to conduct a soft reset:
1) Press and hold your home button (the big circle below the screen) and the Sleep/Wake button (on top of your iPhone, on the right-hand side) simultaneously.
2) Continue holding both buttons until your iPhone shuts down and begins to restart – this can take anywhere between 10-20 seconds. You will offered the ability to power off at this point. If you take that option, remember to turn your phone back on when you are done. Alternatively, you can ignore the power off request and continue following the steps below.
3) Let go off the buttons when you see the Apple silver logo appear. You have completed the reset successfully! – (Don’t be alarmed if it takes quite a while to load from the Apple logo to the main screen, this is perfectly normal).
Astonishingly, soft resets solve around 90% of iPhone issues, and are particularly useful if:
– If your device is unresponsive or if certain controls aren’t working as expected.
– If your applications are not responding or are ‘frozen’.