How to soft reset your iPhone 7
Astonishingly, soft resets can solve around 90% of iPhone issues and are particularly useful if your device is unresponsive or certain controls aren’t working as expected or if your applications are not responding or are ‘frozen’. For example:
– When the call or text function is not working properly
– When you are having trouble sending or receiving mail.
– When there’s problems with WiFi connectivity.
– When iPhone can’t be detected by iTunes.
How to conduct a soft reset:
1) Press and hold the Volume button and the Sleep/Wake button simultaneously.
2) Continue holding both buttons until your iPhone shuts down and begins to restart – this can take anywhere between 10-20 seconds. You will be offered the ability to power off at this point. If you take that option, remember to turn your phone back on when you are done. Alternatively, you can ignore the power off request and continue following the steps below.
3) Let go off the buttons when you see the Apple silver logo appear. You have completed the reset successfully! – (Don’t be alarmed if it takes quite a while to load from the Apple logo to the main screen, this is perfectly normal).