What is Vodafone Global Roaming?
Vodafone Global Roaming has replaced EuroTraveller and WorldTraveller and is included in all new and existing Pay Monthly plans. The service lets you take your home plan of data, texts and minutes to 110 destinations across the globe.
In 50 of the 110 destinations, you can use your home plan without any extra charge, even if you’re using your minutes from Croatia or checking your emails in France. Click here to view the 50 roam free destinations now
In the other 60 destinations you’ll pay just £5 a day to use your home plan of data, minutes and texts. You’ll only be charged on the days you use your phone. Better yet, receiving calls and texts is free, so if you only take calls or read texts on any given day, you won’t incur the £5 charge. Click here to view the 60 roam further destinations now
How to enable Global Roaming
All new and existing Pay monthly plans (handset, SIM only and Mobile Broadband) have Vodafone Global Roaming added automatically – no registration or activation is required! However, to use it, you need to have Data Roaming enabled on your device and ensure the “data while abroad bar” is disabled in your My Vodafone account or the My Vodafone App, you can contact your account manager if you need any help with this.
Vodafone Global Roaming lets you use your UK allowances for:
- Calls to standard UK landline numbers*
- Calls to standard UK mobile numbers*
- Texts sent to standard UK landline and mobile numbers*
- Calls and texts to standard landlines and mobiles in the country within which you’re roaming. For example, if you’re in Greece and call a local restaurant to book a table
- If you’re in one of the Roam-free destinations, calls and texts to other Roam-free destinations are also included. For example, if you’re in Spain and phone a hotel in France this would be included
- Any data used from your UK data allowance and Extras. If you do exceed your data allowance, you’ll pay the same as you would in the UK for going over your allowance
*Standard UK numbers – UK landlines starting with 01, 02 and 03, and standard UK mobile numbers starting with 07.
Vodafone Global Roaming does NOT include:
- Calls to non-geographic and premium-rate numbers
- Calls and texts from one of the Roam-free destinations to one of our Roam-further destinations, for example calls between Spain and Canada
- Calls and texts between Roam-further destinations, for example calls between Canada and the USA
- Your entertainment pack of either NOW TV Entertainment Passor Sky Sports Mobile TV. However, Spotify Premium can be used while roaming.
- Calls, texts and data used while connected to a Maritime or Aerospace network – this can happen when travelling on a ferry or plane
Countries not included:
Afghanistan, Algeria, Andorra, Angola, Armenia, Azerbaijan, Bahamas, Bahrain, Bangladesh, Belarus, Belize, Benin, Bhutan, Bolivia, Botswana, Brunei, Burkina Faso, Burundi, Cabo Verde, Cambodia, Cameroon, Central African Republic, Chad, Comoros, Republic of the Congo, Cote d’lvoire, Cuba, Djibouti, Equatorial Guinea, Eritrea, Ethiopia, Fiji, Gabon, Gambia, Georgia, Guinea, Guinea-Bissau, Honduras, Iran, Iraq, Jordan, Kazakhstan, Kiribati, Kosovo, Kuwait, Kyrgyzstan, Laos, Lebanon, Liberia, Libya, Macedonia, Madagascar, Malawi, Malaysia, Maldives, Mali, Marshall Islands, Mauritania, Mauritius, Micronesia, Moldova, Mongolia, Montenegro, Morocco, Myanmar, Namibia, Nauru, Nepal, Nicaragua, Niger, Nigeria, North Korea, Oman, Pakistan, Palau, Palestine, Papua New Guinea, Paraguay, Phillipines, Rwanda, Samoa, Sao Tome and Principe, Saudi Arabia, Senegal, Seychelles, Sierra Leone, Solomon Islands, Somalia, South Korea, South Sudan, Sri Lanka, Sudan, Swaziland, Syria, Taiwan, Tajikistan, Tanzansia, Timor-Leste, Togo, Tonga, Tunisia, Turkmenistan, Tuvalu, Uganda, Ukraine, United Arab mirates, Uzbekistan, Vanuatu, Venezuela, Vietnam, Yemen, Zambia and Zimbabwe.